It is important for any student to form good study habits, especially by the time they reach high school and are preparing for college. Good study habits need to be started in middle school. So when the child reaches college they are not suddenly overwhelmed by all the homework and projects they have to turn in.
Use the following tips to help your child create good study habits that will help them their entire life.
1. Make use of a daily planner. This will remind the student of what they have to do that day. Daily planners are easy to carry around and it is now possible to download planners as Apps for use on any mobile device.
2. Use study guides when possible. These guides are usually summarized versions of books that highlight the main principles and points. They are handy reference guides that can help prepare a student for new topics and classes quickly.
3. Help them change their mindset so they accept that studying will now become part of their daily routine.
4. Create a homework schedule inside the daily planner. It can help to write out their schedule for the entire week at one time. Then just go back and add in things as they come up.
5. Pack up school bags and books the night before. Preparing in advance means they will be less likely to leave any important documents behind.
6. Use a separate folder for each subject or class at school. This helps them become more organized and it helps them find material quickly. Plus it means they won’t lose their homework and get a lower grade.
7. Make sure your child gets to bed early enough. Students often have a busy social life, but they still need between 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night. Getting enough sleep will help increase their concentration levels.
8. Eat a good breakfast. At the very least prepare a shake or a protein bar for your child. Their body needs fuel to keep them going all day. Not eating breakfast will leave them feeling weak and tired before lunchtime even hits.
9. Develop good note-taking skills. Sometimes there is a lot of material to cover in class and the teacher over-delivers with massive amounts of content. Being able to condense all of this information will help them save time later on when writing up essays.
10. Joining study groups can also be really helpful. It is a great way to ask questions and to make a boring topic more manageable.
All of the above points provide any student with tools and resources that will not only help in school but later on in life too.
Meditation for Blackmen - https://amzn.to/3BcLISb
Meditation for Beginners - https://amzn.to/3m9vHrP
Meditation for Beginners - https://amzn.to/30SYXuR
I'm Finally a Man - https://amzn.to/3pyGrSR
Reflection in Time - https://amzn.to/3EeolJX
Live with Purpose - https://amzn.to/2XKJrA8
Journal Meditation - https://amzn.to/3b69Rzh
Life's Journey -https://amzn.to/3b6aitp
Kids- Mindfulness Cards
Daily Mindful Tasks Gifts
Breathing is my super power
Making a few GOOD decisions, acting boldly, and finding a mentor are just a few of the things you can do to unlock your potential. Make today the day you start living at your highest level. What are you waiting for?
Today is the day you can begin to hold yourself responsible in all areas of your life. Be accountable to yourself and you’ll be amazed at what you can achieve!
Learn from your past and then move on. Forgive everyone and yourself. There’s plenty of life left to be lived. Book your free breakthrough session to help get your life back on track.
Akiliflow provides culturally centered coaching and courses with tools designed to help you tackle your work and your life.
It's time you gained balance to achieve the peace and clarity needed to reach your goals!
Demetrius Irick, is the Co-Founder of Akiliflow, a Certified Executive Life Coach, Meditation Coach, and Author. Considered an agent for change, Demetrius has coached, developed, and built strong executives and management teams for fortune 500 & 100 companies to include: Barnes & Nobles, DTLR, Inc. Sprint, Footlocker, and others. Demetrius guarantees you’ll gain a healthy accountability partner, focus, and the insight you need to reach the results you deserve.
Meditation for Beginners Book
Meditation for Beginners: 8 Weeks to a New Life
---- Life's Journey Podcast---
BE A GUEST ON OUR SHOW: